This sculpture by Claudio Nicoli portrays an astute horse balanced on one front leg. The scattered application of patina gives the appearance of a rich texture. It is secured onto a marble base. The piece is signed by Nicoli on the back of the sculpture and is numbered 2/6.
Born in San Giovanni in Persiceto in 1958, Caludio Nicoli started sculpting at a young age. Combining his passion for horses with his artistic skill, Nicoli prefers to work with terra cotta and bronze, producing sculptures and bas reliefs. His sculptures reflect a mix of surreal elements with classical themes. He has had a number off public commissions including sculptures and bas reliefs for The Municipality of Castenaso, The Franciscan Brothers of the La Verna Monestary, and the Santa Chiara Hospital in Trenton for which he was nationally recognized. He currently lives and works in Castiglione del Lago, in Umbria, close to Perugia.